To provide timely, accurate, and compliant application and reconciliation of all Equity and Fixed Income security and foreign exchange transactions initiated by advisors of funds. To perform the necessary functions for processing wash sale adjustments on security trades for mutual funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. . Ensures all daily domestic, international, and balanced security transactions are accurately processed and reconciled in a timely manner in support of daily valuation and financial reporting. This includes evaluation of trade impacts, assessment of trade variances, and resolution of cash exceptions on a daily basis. Performs wash sale processing in accordance with IRS regulations and guidelines. Processes transactions accurately and timely for all funds. Reconciles wash sale processing packages, trading reports and Summary of Realized Gains/Losses Reports on a current day basis. Reconciles trades on the day after processing to determine the appropriate month end adjustments.
2. Maintains a solid level of knowledge of products, services, policies, and procedures needed to ensure the accurate daily valuation of mutual funds. Understands industry trends and implications to Fund Financial Services operations. Shares best practices and participates in appropriate training programs. Works to gain a solid conceptual understanding of the business unit’s processes and their impact to internal and external clients.
3. Independently resolves problems and exercises judgment in elevating material issues. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality.
4. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external clients. Proactively fosters effective communication. Anticipates clients’ needs and ensures clients’ satisfaction related to the services being provided.
5. Participates in Control and Risk Management, Contingency, and Information Security efforts through active involvement in creating process improvements, accomplishing team metric goals, contingency preparation plans, and meeting the clean desk policy.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance) preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail skills.
• Good time management, planning and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple business partners and diverse responsibilities.
• Ability to adjust to change.
*Experience in computer applications such as Excel, Access and Word is preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com