The Loan Officer is responsible for generating new business, qualifying customers, and owning the customer experience from start to finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Origination of new business on a regular basis, including taking complete applications and qualifying customers.
· Provide consultations and education on the mortgage transaction, teaching about what to expect, setting the timelines and expectations.
· Qualify borrowers; pull credit; run AUS; price loans; collect documentation; follow-through with client and loan until closing; and own the client experience to ensure expectations are met and customers are happy.
· Set fees and order disclosures – follow up to ensure proper documentation is appropriately signed/acknowledged by Borrowers
· Work with processor for pipeline management, alignment and collecting missing or additional documentation/information as requested.
· Price & Lock the Loan
· Keep Encompass records updated and accurate at all times
· Lead Person on transaction, including all communication to team members and interested parties
· Ability to develop and maintain a personal business plan which includes all aspects of loan originations from customer service, maintaining and building relationships, networking, marketing/prospecting, knowledge of products and the industry, etc.
· Post-high school degree in business, finance, marketing, other related fields or work equivalent; Associates degree at minimum required
· Previous work experience as a loan officer (or equivalent) required, with proven ability to achieve sales goals
· Effective sales and marketing skills, including ability to generate new business through networking and referral partners and other referral sources
· Ability to deal honestly and ethically with clients, employees and business partners to achieve desired goals
· Strong understanding of loan guidelines, as well as all federal and state regulations
· Must have an active NMLS Mortgage Originator License
· Commitment to company values, policies and procedures
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Customer Service – the ability to provide and maintain effective and positive communication
· Adaptability – an ability to quickly learn new or different techniques, products and computer programs
· Problem Solving – an ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems at a functional level
· This person must live our culture every day! (Respect, Transparency, Scrappy)
· Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com