Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The FP& A will be a primary driver of the Company’s financial analysis function and a supporting partner to the Company’s executive team. This role is primarily responsible for performing the financial analysis, forecasting, and planning efforts of the Company to support business intelligence, capital structure decision-making, and the Company’s M&A and integration initiatives. This will be based in Chicago, report directly to the Director of Finance, and be a key contributing member of a small corporate team of 7-10 people.
- Strong analytical and corporate finance skill set with exceptional Excel modeling skills.
- Experience in investment banking, financial consulting, M&A advisory, and/or the FP&A division of an organization.
- Experience performing financial analysis and financial modeling, ideally for multi-unit operations with high velocity of M&A and/or de novo expansion activity.
- Knowledge of capital structure, ideally with experience working with multiple levels of the capital structure and a leveraged balance sheet.
- Passionate about developing financial plans and communicating results and recommendations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with ERP and business intelligence systems such as NetSuite, Intacct, Power BI, and Tableau; experience working with and coding in SQL databases is a plus.
- Exceptional track record of producing quantitative analysis and utilizing the results for measurement and planning within a dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS- Strategy, Planning and Management:
- Support the establishment and measurement of quarterly and annual operational and financial business goals that align with the Company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Provide the analytical skills to establish and amend annual budgets, forecasts, and metrics that drive success.
- Analyze the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Utilize business intelligence systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Develop presentation materials and analysis for the Company’s Board of Directors. Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Build monthly budget and financial forecast models to be used by the Company to plan and anticipate cash flows and capital needs.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements including monthly profit and loss by location, by segment and compared to budget.
- Develop, prepare, and present financial and operational dashboards, by location, that compare key performance indicators to stated budget and historical benchmarks.
- Prepare and regularly update 13-week cash forecasts with detailed capital expenditure estimates.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and/or Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Background in investment banking, financial consulting, and/or financial analysis within a top-tier institution, preferably with exposure to multi-unit operations
- Knowledge of private equity and/or private equity-backed companies is a plus.
- 3+ years total finance and analytical experience
- Ability to travel to existing and prospective operating geographies will be required
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and financial reporting
- Experience analyzing and supporting operations driven by a very active expansion and/or M&A strategy that is dependent upon quantitative analysis for decision-making
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment where speed to market is a strategic advantage
- Passionate about developing financial plans and communicating results and recommendations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com