Document Imaging Clerk
3 month contract with potential to extend…
Responsible for processing medical records received by HIMS from ambulatory physician practices. Assures accuracy of records indexed into the electronic health records. Performs quality checks of scanned images and makes corrections to scanned images to maintain the integrity of the electronic health record.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for indexing documents scanned to the work queue daily to support patient care in the ambulatory practices.Examines scanned documents for image quality prior to indexing.
- Validates each scanned document to ensure it contains patient name and date of birth and reports
are complete prior to indexing.
- Accurately select office visit encounters to index scanned documents and create
documentation only encounters in the patient registration system prior to indexing
- Adheres to guidelines for indexing scanned documents to established document types.
- Performs limited quality control monitors on imaged documents.
Consults with HIMS management staff with questions about document types and identifies new documents
that require new document types to be created for indexing.
- Informs HIMS management staff about issues or concerns that impact timely indexing of documents.
Places scanned documents on hold when necessary to resolve issues with incomplete
reports, patient identification, or document type location.
Scans original medical record documents received using low-speed scanners or network copiers for indexing
to the electronic health record.
- Maintains patient records in an electronic format by moving, copying, and deleting them under the direction and/or supervision of the HIMS management staff.
- Submits MPI merge webform to report potential medical record merges and inaccurate patient demographics.
- Prepares accuracy reports of quality control review monitors on imaged documents.
- Works among the Ambulatory Document Imaging Staff to aid in the timely
processing of records.
- Submits timely, accurate, and concise daily productivity reports in accordance with department policy and practice.
- Utilizes general office equipment and computer systems/software applications necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients, and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Daily contact with interdepartmental and intradepartmental personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years in Health Information Management experience, or equivalent.
Successful completion of a Medical Terminology course.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of medical record content.
Ability to demonstrate computer skills and the ability to utilize various software packages. Ability to quickly learn new software.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in both written and verbal form. Ability to deal with others at a variety of levels with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work in a high volume, high-stress area.
Bending, stooping, lifting, reaching, carrying records not in excess of 15 lbs. Pulling and pushing carts of records not in excess of 28 lbs. Standing and/or sitting for long periods of time.
- Ability to organize work while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with exceptional attention for detail.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com