Desktop Support Analyst
Contract role slated through June 2022
Desktop Support – Hanover, PA
The primary role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to provide on-site or virtual technical support services for clients and employees in business environments
– Provide hands-on hardware support, such as connecting computers to the wired network.
– Install software, updates and upgrades on the computers and workstations on the network.
– Configure new computers, reconfigure and re-purpose older machines and set up workstations for new employees.
– Provide Help Desk support over the phone, through chat services, or via remote desktop support applications as well as in person.
– Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
– Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
– Install and support PC, Mac, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software (certifications from Apple, CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus).
– Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
– Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
– Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
– Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
– Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
– Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
– Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
-Technical Degree or related work experience
– Experience in Desktop Support
– Oracle experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com