X Ray Technologist
Job Title: X-Ray Technician
Location: Dover, DE
Schedule: 4- days /evenings to equal 40 hours per week – variable Monday thru Sunday
- To perform diagnostic radiographic procedures according to departmental policy and guidelines
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and proficiency in the use of radiographic equipment.
- Acquire images; which includes proper identification of patient, date and time, history and markers on images.
- Ability to use the RIS, HIS, and Intergy computer systems and accurately enters patient information.
- Ensures adequate history of patient is obtained and documented.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Ability to use and perform QC on PACS, Computed Radiology, and/or Digital Radiography Systems.
- Ability to burn patient CD’s
- Interacts for solution of “routine problems” as they may occur to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Consistently uses two patient identifiers.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Completes Mandatory education.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development.
- The ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and to provide the care needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assist with the coordination of workflow and patient care activities.
- Assists in the learning process of students and new staff in departmental procedures, quality control and radiation safety.
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and proficiency in the use of contrast media injectors.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, family members, physicians and staff.
- Ensures minimal exposure to oneself, other employees, patients, and the general public.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org