Wine Club Manager
Job Description: * Please note Salary does not include commission structure *
As The Wine Program Manager, you will manage and direct all aspects of our wine club program, tasting room shift management and private tours and tastings. This position will create programs to provide our wine club member and tasting room patrons with an exceptional experience that will generate outstanding reviews and brand recognition.
The primary responsibilities of this position are the following:
Wine Club Management
· Manage active memberships
· Execute quarterly club runs for club management
· Manage club members with selected software.
· Develop marketing programs and campaigns to increase wine club sign-ups and enhance club member loyalty.
· Coordinate and execute wine club events including dinners, tastings, and special experiences.
· Communicate through email
Tasting Room Shift Lead
· Direct and supervise all tasting room employees and engage with kitchen staff.
· Assign daily operational and merchandising tasks for tasting room associates.
· Conduct ongoing wine, food, and merchandise training during pre-shift meetings to prepare all employees for the day-to-day operations.
· Ensure each associate actively engages all guests. Builds strong relationships with regulars by creating a loyalty club through square.
· Work closely with the winemaker to insure inventory, product management, and proper communication of wine details and specifics.
· Oversee daily opening and closing register procedures, including tipping out all staff that worked that day.
· Keep accurate record of all transactions and audits point-of-sale procedures.
· Personally, engage in selling and have direct interaction with visitors at point-of-sale.
· Ensuring tasting room locations are taken care of and kept clean and organized at all times.
· Ensure any checklists or procedures set in place by management are being followed and completed accurately.
· Promoting the brand and conducting oneself in the way portrays politeness and professionalism.
· Attend team meetings, and communicate that information to all tasting room associates
Tasting and Tours Management:
·Primary tour guide for prescheduled tours and private tastings
-Manage all communication with incoming tour participants
· The individual must exemplify the following qualifications and skills:
· Excellent verbal/written communication, customer service, and organizational skills are necessary.
· Excellent organization and administrative skills focused on every detail.
· Decisive leader with the ability to quickly resolve issues independently.
· Exemplary customer service standards. Be willing to “go the extra mile” to satisfy our clients;
· Ability to keep calm under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment;
· Self-motivated, highly-organized, and positive leader;
· Very strong PC and software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including wine club and email marketing (Mailchimp)
*All full-time team members are required to work at least two holidays per calendar year, holidays include by not limited to, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, Fourth of July, Easter, Mother’s Day etc. They are also responsible for a minimum of three overnight shifts per month (these are included in a salary). All original core responsibilities and duties listed in original employment agreement are still in effect.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org