Job Description Core Responsibilities
1. Provides usability services for business and IT teams for web or mobile applications across multiple platforms for mid-scale scope projects. Recommends appropriate quantitative or qualitative approach to gather necessary insights from clients or prospects.
2. Plans, designs, and conducts user research, usability, and heuristic evaluations studies. Reviews research on human factors response to bring value to the business, technology, and processes.
3. Conducts user interviews and contextual inquiries to identify user needs and gather user feedback. Ensures privacy and conducts sessions in a professional manner.
4. Analyzes, summarizes, and presents results to design teams and mid-level decision makers. Suggests strategies to gain buy-in from the business.
5. Contributes actionable suggestions based on knowledge of target user base and usability best practices. Educates project teams and crew regarding usability’s purpose and value.
6. Identifies quantitative and qualitative usability opportunities and presents findings and recommendations to project teams. Presents usability findings to leaders and negotiates adoption of critical usability recommendations with guidance and support from more senior user experience crew.
7. Assists in building usability principles and practices. Trains and mentors junior staff in best practices of user experience research. Provides guidance, training, and motivation.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Looking for someone who understands how to run research, knows what methods to use for different types of needs, has a lot of qualitative experience (interviews, direct observation, diary studies, contextual inquiries), someone who has experience working alongside designers and product managers to devise, with preference if they have some experience with new product strategy or new product concepts
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org