Title Marketing Analyst
Position Summary: The Marketing Analyst is a key contributor to understanding the business and is expected to provide insights and drive changes to optimize marketing efforts. This position requires a thorough knowledge of data and analytics. A successful candidate will be curious, proactive, and continually seeks to understand behaviors through analytics.
Team: The Marketing Analyst falls under the Chief Marketing Officer’s remit and reports directly to the Senior Marketing Analyst.
- Drive quantitative analysis from multiple disparate sources around the performance of marketing channels, including, but not limited to direct mail, affiliate networks, search, display, social, e-mail, and web testing to generate business insights.
- Proficient in data extraction to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data analytics
- Assists in optimizing business and campaign performance by utilizing past performance.
- Investigate root causes of trends in data and continuously enhance standard reports
- Draw conclusions, provide recommendations for developing or modifying marketing strategies, build and distribute results to management using query tools and/or BI tools (i.e. Tableau)
- Create, update, and analyze web reporting to understand performance and behavior.
- Assist in the creation of the annual plan and turn business objectives into quantitative analysis
- Track and forecast overall performance and provide comparisons to plan(s) and explain variances based on analytics
- Concise and effective communication skills
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or related work experience) in quantitative discipline (i.e. Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science preferred)
- At least 2 years’ financial industry experience in complex, data-driven problem solving (student lending experience a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of data query tools (i.e. SAS, SQL, Python) and web analytical tools (i.e. Google Analytics). 1+ years experience coding in SAS, SQL, and/or Python (self-sufficient starting from scratch not simply modifying existing code)
- Experience using BI tools (i.e. Tableau), marketing channels, and marketing data a plus (i.e. direct mail, paid search, etc.)
- Project management skills and strong analytics/problem solving skills
- A creative thinker and self-motivated with excellent communication skills with the ability to translate data results to business stakeholders
- Ability to translate analytical results into business actions
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, collaborative, and fast paced environment and work cross functionally
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com