Our client is a well known retirement planning company based in Montgomery County. The right candidate for this role will be reporting directly to the COO, this position is primarily responsible for computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Reviews and codes financial information.
· Prepares and processes documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports.
· Compiles and reviews information for accuracy; and maintain records.
· Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
· Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
· Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and submits for executive approval.
· Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
· Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
· Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
· Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
· Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
· Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
· Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
· Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
· Enters, updates, and/or retrieves accounting data from automated systems.
· Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions.
· Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
· Retrieves system reports.
· Files and/or removes records and reports.
· Determines content and assembles data in order to prepare monthly reports for review.
· Designs, prepares, and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations.
· Reviews new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements and suggests revisions.
· Composes routine letters and reports using instructions or guidelines of the work area.
· Inventories office supplies and equipment; prepares and submits orders for purchase.
· Explains appropriate work instructions to other employees.
· Interprets and applies instructions and guidelines to resolve work problems.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com