The Staff Accountant will be a supportive member of the accounting team and will report to the Location Controller. This role will be responsible for day-to-day general accounting activity, timely deliverables in support of month-end close and related activities, and assist with special projects and mission-critical requests.
• Perform daily accounting entries and reviews automated transactions related to revenue, cash, AP, and AR.
• Responsible for monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
• Responsible for maintaining AR, AP & Fixed Asset subledgers.
• Assist with month end adjusting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Assist with month end close and financial reporting process in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Communicate with site managers, staff and third parties as needed to ensure accounting transactions are recorded properly.
• Gain a strong understanding and be a power user of ERP & Point of Sale systems
• Prepare required support or workpapers to comply with record retention policies and to support audit requirements.
• Perform periodic internal inventory and cash audits.
• Assist with establishing, modifying documenting, and coordinating the implementation of accounting control procedures/processes.
• Responsible for preparing bi-weekly payroll.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience within the corporate office of multi-unit organization or public accounting firm.
3. Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills.
4. Ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively and meet deadlines.
5. Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
6. Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude; a team player.
7. Strong attention to details and critical thinking skills.
8. Familiarity with Sage Intacct a plus, but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com