Sr. Small Business Relationship Manager
The Senior Small Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for the sales life cycle, including lead sourcing, loan policies and structure, product knowledge, and financial analysis. This individual will develop and nurture an active referral network with business/professional associations, accountants, lawyers, commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, etc., to solicit Small Business loan opportunities. They will focus on companies with annual revenues below $5 million, facilitate and close total business credit exposure of up to $1 million, and maintain current knowledge of local and national economic, financial, political, competitor, and legislative trends. The Senior Small Business Relationship Manager will assist with onboarding, coaching, and mentoring new Small Business Relationship Managers around business development, sales approaches, building relationships, company solutions and services, and other factors critical to success. This role is sales driven and requires a proven track record of developing new businesses and managing relationships. Ideal candidates are experienced in community banking, networking, building relationships, and providing excellent customer service, and possess extensive experience with small business lending.
- Analyzes potential customers’ banking needs, earnings, and financial conditions to determine which bank solutions are most appropriate, assessing acceptable risk and submitting viable loan packages.
- Negotiates terms under which credit will be extended including costs, repayment method/schedule, and collateral requirements.
· Prospects new business relationships and cross-selling Bank solutions and services.
· Manages loan portfolio; including selling into the portfolio, ensures the monitoring and collection of loan payments; modifies or extends loan terms or structure to protect bank’s interest when required. Minimizes and mitigates bank’s exposure to losses.
· Follows lending procedures and ensures lending compliance of loan portfolio with the bank and regulatory procedures, policies, and requirements, and takes corrective action when non-compliance is identified.
· Assists in training and mentoring new and less experienced small business relationship managers on lending procedures, policies, and regulations, and recommends improvements to procedures and provides functional guidance as needed.
· Obtaining and assessing financial information, including financial statements and credit history.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred, or equivalent experience demonstrated through a combination of the following: work and military experience, and education/training
· Must be an experienced Business Lender with 5+ years of new business development experience and direct sourcing and prospecting new clients
· Must have 5+ years of business lending experience in the financial industry along with a proven track record of managing relationships, developing new business, sustaining consistent production, and ability to perform in multiple goal categories
· Must have experience with utilizing a CRM system to manage and monitor progress in sales pipeline toward converting prospects to customers.
· Must have strong knowledge of business lending, consumer lending, and deposit products.
· Must have credit experience, loan structuring, and financial statement analysis
· Must have proficiency with analyzing applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine ability and capacity to repay and service debt.
· Basic Knowledge of all applicable Regulations that pertain to this position is required.
· Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies, procedures, and related programs.
· Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other Small Business Relationship Managers in all areas of small business banking.
· Demonstrated proficiency in working with key internal resources.
· Proven track record of executing additional responsibilities over and above assigned performance goals.
· Demonstrated ability to make one-on-one and group presentations.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Collaborates effectively to get things done, building, and nurturing strong relationships.
· Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups in managing customer relationships.
· Must have strong analytical ability, excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent listening ability and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com