Solutions Architect V
This Solution Architect will be on the Data & Analytics team. This architect will be responsible for managing the strategic partner coming in and advising the company on the infrastructure as well as making sure that the development is appropriate, modern and well governed. First, the Solution Architect will be designing the cloud environment, then the strategic partner that wins the RFP will come in with accelerators to migrate the data products into Azure. Our Solution Architects need to understand what that means, how do we manage that, and what do we need to know in order to advise the partners. Currently we are utilizing one of their current partners before the strategic partner gets in and then we are setting up Azure data lake storage and data bricks. They will be doing 3 pilots to make sure the architecture works in the environment. This candidate will be spending 30% of their time on the cloud pilot, making sure everything is moved properly and there is proper documentation, 25% will be spent upskilling and training the data engineers and architects on how to set up data products in Azure, 20% will be spend doing documentation and SOPs and the last 30% will be spent looking at upcoming projects and solutioning/ strategizing. The ideal candidate needs to have a deep understanding of Azure Cloud as well as how to develop in ADLS, and have a solution based mindset. Please review the job responsibilities and requirements below and apply if interested and qualified.
Solution Architect V Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between business and technology.
- Oversee the systems solution and ensure that the solution aligns with business goals and processes.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, security, and performance of the software.
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Focuses on establishing the best technology solution to meet a specific business need in their area of expertise.
- Formulate a design plan that factors technology investments and risks while providing value to the company by improving business processes and eliminating unnecessary complexities.
- Plans the technical requirements to transition a design into a working solution.
- Ensure that the design is installed, configured and documented correctly.
- Assists in recognizing and mitigating any risks to existing business processes or to the solution’s overall success.
Solution Architect V Requirements:
- 15+ years’ experience as a Solution Architect.
- 5-7+ years’ experience with expert level knowledge working as a Solution Architect in Azure.
- Background as a Data Engineer/Developer utilizing Azure ELT / ETL technologies – ADF / Databricks etc.
- Understanding of Azure/ADF, Snowflake, and Informatica.
- Some travel may be involved.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and manage partners.
- Advanced Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required.
- Able to work with multiple computing platforms.
- Experience managing a project from start to finish.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org