Senior Portfolio Accountant
We are actively seeking highly motivated, self-directed strategic thinker for a Senior Staff Accountant role with a well-respected organization in the suburbs of New York City. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, high visibility, rapidly growing environment. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate and is designed to lead to more senior Finance, Accounting, and Operational roles over time.
Do you wish to take your Big Four Public Accounting experience into a corporate environment and excel within a high visibility, rapidly growing organization? Do you strive to make a huge impact on the overall business through efficient work and a keen attention to financial detail? Do you thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment?
If so, please review the job responsibilities and requirements below and apply if interested and qualified.
Senior Portfolio Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statement files for various investment platforms.
- Maintain shadow books for investment funds.
- Assist the fund administrator with financial statements as part of monthly close.
- Act as the liaison with external service providers (audit, tax, legal, banking).
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Provide treasury support including accounts payable, wire transfers, funding investment purchases, borrowing base preparation.
- Provide operational support related to custody of investments.
Senior Portfolio Accountant Requirements:
- 2 – 4 years of Accounting, Audit, Financial Control, or Finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline from a 4-year accredited college.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Financial Services environment.
- Public accounting experience is required; Audit side preferred.
- CPA is highly desirable.
- Experience with loans, leases, receivables financing, or fixed income products is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org