1. Manages the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management within the business. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise
standards, to increase quality and to improve overall risk management efforts of the team. Monitors progress and measures departmental
success in identifying and managing risk exposure.
2. Leads and assists the business in the development, implementation and management of short- and long-term risk management
strategies in accordance with department goals and objectives as well as standard risk management policies and procedures. Makes
recommendations for developing new risk management strategies for the business. Provides consultation, facilitation and analytical support
to the divisional management team as new products, services, processes and procedures are developed to ensure risk is properly mitigated.
3. Assesses the design of existing controls and make recommendations, leverages industry best practice for improvement as needed.
Understands the risk management framework and utilizes the core concepts when discussing risk exposures with the business.
4. Supports the Risk Analytics team in the performance of risk assessments by serving as an advisor on business risk exposures.
5. Works with the business to prioritize its inventory of processes and helps build the risk assessment plan based on the inherent risk of
each process. Reviews the divisional risk exposure metrics and helps the management team monitor known risks and assess business
capabilities effectiveness in managing risk exposure.
6. Works with business unit teams to mitigate risks and optimize process efficiency. Uses industry best practice knowledge to design
effective controls. Utilizing informed and experienced judgment, and provides objective and independent advice to business on risk matters.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and tracks relevant internal risk events, including losses, gains, and saves.
8. Reviews external event data to identify emerging trends and related industry risk events. Participates in tabletop and scenario analysis
exercises to determine if lessons learned can be applied internally.
9. Coordinates and works closely with management in Legal, Compliance, Divisional Risk and Internal Audit to develop best-in-class risk
management strategies and ensuring business practices comply with the various regulatory and control procedures. Develops effective
working relationships with contacts throughout the company on a variety of risk-related issues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org