Project Manager – Data Platforms
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for the Tableau reporting platform, including intake of new business requests, assignment to appropriate resources, prioritization according to business frameworks, and creation of project management resources and plans.
- Utilizing an Agile approach, develops, implements, and manages business requests. Exercises independent judgement and discretion to identify deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Works closely with the Research and Strategy Group to prioritize, assign, scope, and deliver new Tableau dashboards requested by the business.
- Manage the backlog of business requests and continuously prioritize in close consultation with leadership and key stakeholders. Manage systems to track and report out on progress and impediments.
- Coordinates with data platform vendors involved in the (1) Maintenance of Tableau infrastructure; and (2) Maintenance of Charitable databases, in order to intake and raise issues or bugs in the system, monitor resolution, and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Sets up, leads, and facilitates all project team meetings which may include business Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts, various IT representatives, and external vendors.
- Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT vendors to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors and documents project progress, and frequently communicates status updates to management, key stakeholders and business clients.
- Improves the business user experience on the Tableau platform by leading user onboarding sessions, ongoing demonstrations of the platform, implementing Tableau Server best practices, and executing on user feedback where possible.
- Incorporates Data Governance framework into reporting processes. Conducts regular reviews with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate risks stemming from access, manual error, use cases, technology, etc. Coordinates Quality Assurance process for projects under the data platform backlog.
- Develops strong, consultative relationships with business units. Meets with internal clients (VC business unit leaders) to advise on resources, timing, and deliverables. Coordinates efforts of team members who are producing deliverables and helps produce the deliverables as needed. Utilizes business and IT resources effectively.
- Responds to and resolves issues and removes impediments in a timely manner by reviewing the issues with stakeholders, working with the technology team to identify potential solutions, and coordinating the implementation of the solution.
- Partners closely with Scrum Masters to hand over work in expected state and to support throughout development
- Ensures team complies with Charitable data management policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, with a portfolio that highlights multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Minimum 2 years of direct project management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with Tableau Server and Desktop platforms strongly preferred.
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized, timely, dependable, articulate, and collegial.
- Produces high quality work under minimal supervision.
- Proven technical skills (Tableau, Excel, Jira, Confluence). Experience in database management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to manage work of team members, conflict, deadlines, priorities, and a wide range of responsibilities.
- Proven experience leading project teams that include people from different levels, different departments, and different comfort levels with technology.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org