Pharmacy Tech needed for several locations within well-known healthcare system.
Shift: 6am to 2:30 pm with 30-minute lunch
Pay: $20-$25 DOE
Attire – relaxed professional
Department: Inpatient Pharmacy
Locations in Newark, Wilmington, and Elkton MD
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist, perform assigned duties in support of the Department of Pharmacy Services with an emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, and patient safety.
• Assist the pharmacist in providing timely, efficient, cost effective, and appropriate pharmaceutical care to the patient
• Refill patient medication bins through robot cart fill and manual picks; update carts by including new orders, removing discontinued medications, and transferring medications. Update labeling of patient medication bins on admission, transfer, and discharge of patients
• Deliver and exchange 24-hour cart fill to nursing units at scheduled times. Check medication storage areas for discontinued and discharged patient medications; ensure that returned medications are placed back into stock.
• Reorder medications in short supply and restock the picking station and other areas of the pharmacy
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area, check periodically for overstocked and outdated medications
• Answer telephone and greet personnel coming to pharmacy in a courteous and friendly manner. Refer problem and drug information inquiries to the pharmacist.
• Make rounds of nursing units for medication drop-off and pick up discontinued medications.
• Send prepared medications to nursing units via pneumatic tube system on a timely basis for STATs and missing doses if the medication can be tubed. Any medication that cannot be tubed is to be delivered to the appropriate location on the nursing unit.
• Manage automated dispensing cabinet inventory, including accurate selection and loading of medications
• Ensure that medications are stored properly and that only in date medications are stored. Remove discontinued medication.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum High School Diploma required
• Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification required unless enrolled in a PharmD program
• Applicants enrolled or graduate of a 4-year bachelor program in the following health science majors are encourage to apply and will be required PTCB certification in 1 year of employment: Applied Molecular Biology and Biotechnology Biology, Chemistry, Exercise Science, Health Behavior Science, Human Physiology, Medical Diagnostics, Medical Diagnostics Pre-PA, Medical Laboratory Science, Nutrition, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition and Medical Sciences, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant or Sports Health.
• Computer experience preferred (e.g., window-based programs)
• Basic typing skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org