We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team on an effort supporting our Federal Government Client in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will be responsible to provide continuous monitoring and management of both unclassified and classified networks.
The primary scope of this work shall be providing technical engineering support for a large federal government agency’s highly complex network infrastructure environment to include multiple enclaves comprising various classification levels. Network engineering support includes all engineering activities required to support the standard information technology lifecycle. Provide design and engineering activities in support of new network solutions for a multi-enclave enterprise network environment which encompasses various technology. In addition, the candidate will provide network support on an as needed basis to resolve networking issues that have not been resolved by the first three support tiers.
• Conduct network planning, design, and initial implementation of new network project initiatives.
• Provide Tier 3 technical support for diagnosing/resolving network related issues that occur during the implementation of those networks;
• Work with the network engineering team to validate network design as per customer specifications including circuit protection, transport network selection, and interworking across networks;
• Provide engineering/deployment support during the implementation and turn up of new network nodes and related connections.
• Active Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI
• Minimum of 10 years of Core network services connectivity and integration experience
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing and troubleshooting complex Local Area Networking (LAN) issues and resolving Wide Area Networking (WAN) problems and implementing, integrating, and supporting of cost-effective, high-performance IP and LAN/WAN solutions.
• Extensive experience with Cisco routing platforms, such as Aggregation Services Routers (ASRs)
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of routing protocols and technologies including BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, GRE
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Layer 2 technologies including STP, MST, VLANS
• Experience providing Tier 3 support and issue resolution
• Experience with network design and traffic engineering
• Experience providing senior-level engineering support and subject matter expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or higher degree
• Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNP) or higher
• Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership and training to lower level network engineers.
• Experience in network engineering within the federal intelligence community
• Ability to adhere to a disciplined troubleshooting methodology, and ensure task/mission completion, along with creating and maintaining necessary information
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com