The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems promptly and accurately and provide end-user training where required.
•Designs, implements and supports the telecommunication and network solutions necessary to meet the requirements of the organization in response to changes in the business, industry and technology standards.
• Uses a spectrum of personal and professional skills to install, update, maintain, test, and document hardware/software solutions. These highly technical skills include Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wireless and VPN. Installs, configurations and update other telecommunication equipment installs as well as the required documentation and maintenance for the equipment.
• Install setup and configure all of the necessary wiring, Switches, routers, etc., to create an effective and cost-efficient telecommunication network;
• Communicate regularly with hardware/software vendors.
• Acknowledge and abide by Information Security Policies
• Compliance participant, including providing evidence for quarterly and yearly audit. Provide support and troubleshooting to users and FSEs as requested to evaluate system performance, diagnose problems, and recommend improvements.
• Monitor network performance and availability using network monitoring hardware and software.
• Monitors the performance levels of the network devices including Router, Switch, Firewalls, Load Balancer, Wireless and communication circuits.
•Create periodic reports to track resource and network capacity.
• Participate in the On-call after hour support. • Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Create periodic reports to track resource and network capacity.
• Develop detailed implementation plans to ensure end-user acceptance.
• Establish testing criteria for all critical points on the network.
• Acknowledges and abides by all Information Security Policies.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
• At least two certificates in network-related hardware/software and detailed technical training in several network disciplines.
• 4 years’ work experience in LAN/WAN infrastructure. In-depth experience in network applications such as, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers Wireless and communication circuits.
• Experience of vendor supplied system software and/or hardware and operation processes, including contact with vendors.
•Experience in designing, developing, and deploying large-scale networks.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Effective verbal communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com