Meetings and Events Manager
The Meetings and Events Manager is responsible for assisting the AVP and Director of Events with managing all essential aspects pre, on-site, and post-planning for all conferences and events both in-person and virtual in addition to the ownership of all initiatives and projects as assigned and all administrative work associated with these initiatives and projects. The Meetings and Events Manager will act as the point of contact for internal and external customers when the AVP and Director of Events is traveling.
1. Develop and implement detailed program needs including but not limited to room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events, DMC operations, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, and VIP needs.
2. Provide on-site program assistance (i.e. attend pre-con, advance all functions, verify room set-ups, review banquet checks and assist with VIP needs).
3. Direct responsibility for program development, planning, execution, and all its components, of all assigned initiatives and projects from the point of venue selection to post-event recap and bill reconciliation.
4. Ensure seamless execution of online registration
5. Liaise with third-party online registration vendor for any updates, customizations, and functionality issues/errors
6. Participate in the strategic planning process for all meetings and events
7. Proactively gather all necessary information on each project to achieve high quality of all aspects for each meeting/event.
8. Conduct, research and participate in site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about meeting/event locations.
9. Preparing budgets for all Enterprise-wide meeting and events during planning and prepare final reconciliations.
10. Manage the expenditures of all meetings and events through online accounting system
11. Assist in managing effective relationships with outside partners (vendors/consultants)
12. Serve as liaison with vendors and clients on meeting/event related matters.
13. Participate in and contribute to internal and external team meetings.
14. Work cross-functionally with other departments
15. Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
16. Adhere to all deadlines and turnaround timelines.
17. Keep current on industry trends and recommend modifications to operational plans as needed
18. Assume other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are essential to the position.
1. Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates technical proficiency in areas of responsibility (Event Management). Ensures the appropriately applied procedures, requirements, regulations, or policies related to specialized areas of expertise in the production of outputs or results.
2. Communication: Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to present information and respond to questions professionally and effectively, conversationally and in written communications
3. Detail-oriented: Pays close attention to all aspects of a project or responsibility, understanding even little things can have an impact in the outcome of a project. Ensures work quality is to the highest standards.
4. Time management: Must be highly self-motivated and demonstrate a high sense of urgency and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment. Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and follow up skills.
5. Decision making: Ability to generate and evaluate alternatives prior to making a decision while also considering the risks associated with each option and selecting the option which has the best balance of risk and reward. Evaluates the effectiveness of decisions after they have been made.
6. Results-oriented: Ability to meet tight deadlines. Focuses on an outcome, not just the process to deliver a service or goals.
7. Collaboration and teamwork: Ability to work in in a team-oriented, collaborative environment across organizational boundaries in a constructive and collaborative manner. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of meeting/event planning experience required.
3. Contract negotiation/renegotiation skills
4. Sourcing and budgeting experience required
5. Demonstrated vendor management experience including production and registration vendors
6. Demonstrated event management experience, nonprofit industry experience preferred
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
8. CVENT, Event Management and Hospitality Solution software experience preferred
Special Working Conditions and Physical Demands
1. Travel Required up to 30%
2. Ability to understand and direct multiple messages from multiple inputs to achieve event goals.
3. Ability to develop and implement multiple events simultaneously.
4. On-site strategic supervision of staff, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure maximum experience value (including knowledge transfer) for event attendees.
Organizational Reporting Relationships
1. This position reports to the AVP of Events
2. This position has no direct reports.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com