The Location Controller is responsible for the accounting and finance function with our client. As head of the accounting department, the Location Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will have an indirect report to the President of the company. The Location Controller will ensure timely deliverables of month-end close, financial reporting, and tax compliance and will also be a leading force in the integration of the Partner Company’s financial operations into the company’s infrastructure.
· Responsible for overseeing and ensuring daily and monthly accounting activity is recorded accurately and timely.
· Supervision of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process along with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements in compliance with GAAP and in accordance with lender and financial sponsor reporting requirements.
· Primary contact for annual audit with support from Corporate Controller.
· Gain a strong understanding and be a power user of ERP & Point of Sale systems
· Final review of bi-weekly payroll.
· Coordinates with the operations team to provide management with financial information that’s vital to the decision-making process.
· Tracks and reports on business performance metrics.
· Manage the budget process with direction from CFO & Corporate Controller.
· Performs financial analysis to explain variances in financial performance compared to budget targets and prior year results.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
· Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls in partnership with Corporate Controller
· Hires, trains, retains, and manages skilled accounting staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum of 10-12+ years of experience with managing general ledger, GAAP accounting, monthly close process, producing financial statements, cash management, budgeting, tax filings, and management of junior resources.
· The ideal candidate will have audit experience within a public accounting firm plus career progression of accounting positions within a company (i.e., Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, etc.) with increasing leadership responsibilities; multi-unit retail and/or private-equity backed companies a plus.
· Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong attention to details and critical thinking skills.
· Familiarity with Sage Intacct a plus, but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com