Insurance Service Agent – Hybrid
Service Agent – Howell, MI
Hybrid schedule (3 days remote, 2 days on-site)
4-6 month contract to hire opportunity
In depth training provided
Position Overview/Summary: As a Service Agent in the Commercial Lines Ops team, you will be responsible for managing customer contact and for providing timely, quality service to Agents, commercial policy holders, and vendors by phone in a multi-state territory. This includes making policy changes, explaining coverage, updating company records and may include underwriting small business policies.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Primary Focus
• Answers telephone, email and fax inquiries from Commercial lines policy owners and Agents. Interprets and explains
policy coverage; counsels, educates and provides accurate insurance advice through researching and resolving
• Handles incoming calls from customers and Agents regarding moderate to complex billing questions (i.e. misapplied
funds, billing breakdowns, etc.), coverage questions, policy change requests and Certificates of Insurance. Enters
information into multiple rating and policy issuance systems.
• Initiates calls to customers for the purpose of retaining their business, offering optional limits and deductibles and
gathering information to properly assess the insurance exposures and risks. May include assignment of specific
policies or accounts.
• Underwrites risk (selection and rejection within authority level) of policy changes and each time there is
communication with the customer. Under moderate supervision and working within specific limits of authority,
obtains information about the customers operations throughout the policy term.
• Be able to make outbound calls to current customers to review current coverages, upsell additional coverages and
limits and obtain leads for cross-sell opportunities.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: Secondary Focus
• Participates in industry organizations and events.
• May create and produce survey/reports that are used to evaluate department performance.
• May meet with Agents, Marketing Managers, and Branch Underwriters to explain the CL Customer Service Center
program and maintain working relationship.
• May assist in training other team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
• College Degree preferred, but not required.
• Customer Service, Call Center, Data Entry, and/or Insurance experience preferred.
• P&C Agent’s license (must be acquired within 90 days of hire). Completion of annual continuing education
requirements to maintain license is required.
• Demonstrated professional telephone etiquette.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment.
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Ability to perform work in a dynamic environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org