At least a 8 to 12 month contract (likely to extend)
To design high quality, innovative, and pragmatic learning solutions in order to support business needs. To provide consultation on learning
design approaches and solutions and translate learning strategies into design action plans and deliverables.
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partner with department leaders and business partners to understand the learning needs of the client. Provide recommendations, as
appropriate, based on learning needs assessment results.
2. Design learning solutions for standard business training programs using established learning and development best practices.
3. Translate needs into learning solutions. Consult with the business to determine the best solution from a learning lens (e.g., e-learning, on
demand curriculum, instructor-led training, etc.).
4. Design instructional materials (e.g., course objectives, instructor and participant materials, video scripts, videos, storyboards, e-learning,
job aids, reinforcement materials, “train the trainer” materials, evaluation criteria, etc.) in line with standards and methodologies.
5. Ensure all existing instructional materials are up to date.
6. Support the creation of learning measurement strategies and evaluations associated with new learning programs as appropriate.
7. Consult with business unit trainers (i.e. Learning Support Specialists), to assess the feasibility of course implementation (e.g., technical
requirements, materials, etc.).
8. Ensure brand consistency across all projects including web standards, style guides, templates, and style sheets, and to ensure usage of
standard file archiving processes and file naming conventions.
9. Incorporate feedback from key business partners, internal clients and related training effectiveness measurements into the design and
refinement of the existing training programs.
10. Facilitate pilot training programs and implement post-pilot revisions with divisionally-aligned trainers, and client sponsors.
11. Partner with VU to share learning best practices and maintain current knowledge of instructional design, design systems, business
processes, Agile and Lean methodologies, related standards and new standards are instituted, incorporate them into training
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
● Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
● Minimum of two years of related experience.
● Instructional design experience preferred.
● Project management experience preferred.
● Experience working with teams across locations preferred.
● Knowledge of learning and development policies, programs, and processes.
● Knowledge of adult learning theory and facilitation skills.
● Growing proficiency with multimedia design and authoring tools such as Microsoft Publisher and Brainshark.
● Knowledge of alternative learning strategies, technologies, and methodologies preferred.
● Attentive to details and deadlines.
● Proven teamwork capabilities.
● Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environments.
● Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org