Growing staffing firm looking for HR/Payroll/Operations Director to realign existing departments. Payroll/Accounting experience is a huge plus. Knowledge or staffing agencies is a big plus.
Work strategically and pro-actively with executive management to help build our HR, Payroll, and Operations departments. This would include needs with HR policies, guidelines, and best practices. Have a focus on employee relations investigations and conflict resolution, coaching on legal compliance and HR procedures, recruiting strategy and metrics, efficient new hire on-boarding and integration, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all documentation and administration of employee data.
Operational Support and Management (20%)
- Realignment of our operational needs and processes. This would include headcount and office management . Ensuring we are set up and registered in states to do business.
HR Policy Design, Implementation, and Communication (20%)
- Work collaboratively with the executive management to maintain corporate wide policies and procedures governing human resources programs and services. Ensure existing policies, revisions, and new policies are effectively communicated across the organization. Monitor the external environment and proactively recommend enhancements to existing policies that align with the organization’s culture, safeguard compliance, and promote market competitiveness.
Payroll and Accounting (20%)
- Realignment of our payroll and accounting needs. This would include collection of time cards, entering of time into payroll system (Paychex), invoicing and reconciliation. Also state payroll tax set up within different states.
Compliance & Conformity (20%)
- Ensure compliance with policies, standard operating procedures, and HR laws by verifying/auditing: new hires paperwork, job descriptions, I-9 completion, tax and payroll related forms and employee relations investigations, terminations and affirmative action plans. Remain abreast of emerging trends and shifts. Ensure corporate human resources programs and services follow all applicable compensation, benefits and employee data standards and regulations..
Employee Relations/Discipline (20%)
- Mitigate organizational risk of employment claims to external agencies by effectively utilizing the progressive discipline and grievance processes, pro-actively consulting with managers, and building a positive image of human resources as an advocate for equitable resolution of employee disputes. Adhere to Corporate escalation procedures for involuntary termination requests and escalated matters/grievances. Provide written/verbal warnings. Terminate employees as needed.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the corporate human resources team..
- Serve as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior managers. Consult with legal counsel as necessary.
- Liaise directly with the executive leadership team and be accountable for the performance of the HR function and the departments within it, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters.
- Provide data and HR metrics as needed by leadership. Participate on committees, special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
- Monitor and ensure the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Lead the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture. Maintain a strong, visible presence at our sites and regional offices.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Certification(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in human resources with advanced knowledge of strategic human resources practices in the functional areas of policy development, employee relations and HRIS required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and management skills.
- Ability to think strategically but also focus and prioritize tactical operational issues.
- Ability to lead with integrity; providing sound advice and guidance.
- Ability to Influence, build relationships, navigate politics and manage conflicts.
- Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- High level of financial acumen.
- Knowledge of and skillful at partnering with a C-level officers on HR functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com