Help Desk Analyst
6 month contract to hire full time.
As the first point of contact between end users and the organization, the analyst is responsible for recording the details of reported IT service issues and service requests and working to either restore service as quickly as possible or alerting and/or escalating them to the appropriate specialist support groups.
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients
- Responsible for resolving service requests or providing “how to” support (devices, applications, systems and/or remote support) via phone, email, chat, etc., upon first contact; act as 1st point of escalation from IT Services Desk Analyst I; appropriately escalate issues to 2nd and 3rd tier staff and in accordance with service agreements; follow up re: status of incidents/request accurately and timely
- Accurately record and document details (including categorization/priority) of service requests into IT service desk tool; leverage internal and external resources to answer questions and resolve issues; contribute to the creation, facilitation and maintenance of process and procedures documents, knowledge articles and user guides by offering viable recommendations and resolutions; act as an advocate for end users by ensuring they receive high quality, timely services and support from the entire IT team
- Assist Engineers and Project Managers with configuring equipment; assist Service Desk Lead in creating and analyzing metric reports
- Assist in and/or create procedural documentation for service requests for ongoing use by other analysts
- Associate or technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ IT service desk experience; 2-4 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office/O365, MS Exchange, AWS, HyperV, basic IT networking and network troubleshooting, IT security concepts, working knowledge of firewall support, printer\copier\scanner support
- Certifications: HDI, Microsoft, A+, Network+ a plus
- Soft Skills: good organizational, time management and analytical skills; strong customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); strong communicator; problem solver; demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org