This is a long term contract to potential hire role
The Graphic Designer is part of an in-house marketing and communications team to create, design, and present deliverable for the Society’s marketing and advertising and communication efforts. The Graphic Designer will be a key resource for the development of multi-channel marketing solutions through a broad range of specialized design in order to enhance the member experience while also maintaining the brand identity. The Graphic Designer has a comprehensive knowledge of both digital and print design standards with the ability to identify and interpret client/department needs to produce innovative concepts and progressive, future friendly ideas.
In addition to being an effective team player, the Graphic Designer is also able to work independently and under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer. He/she fully understands the impact of design effectiveness and has demonstrated the ability to translate creative concepts into concrete forms and visual styles through industry best practices and experimental design satisfying target market needs.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation such as; conference look and feel, advertisements, signage (posters, banners, etc.) brochures, flyers, postcards, web banners and buttons, microsites, and any additional necessary in-house production as assigned.
- Works alongside the Senior Graphic Designer as a team to ensure that marketing needs are met through innovative, conceptual and creative print and digital graphics for collateral across the organization
- Works as a contributing team member and makes insightful and skilled recommendations to collaboratively ensure strongest execution of brand-centric designs and design strategy
- Understanding of project management systems and recording time
- Maintains awareness of current design industry standards and possesses the ability to confidently and professionally present and/or articulate ideas and concepts
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Organize design files/folders
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is preferred
- Candidate must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3-5 years of experience as a graphic designer required
- Highly organized; ability to coordinate multiple, deadline-driven tasks
- Ability to use feedback from multiple team members to hone and improve designs
- Advanced aesthetic skills with the ability to design complex and compelling solutions with attention to detail
- Able to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Brings a positive attitude and willingness to help team members and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in HTML5 and CSS, Sketch, Animate CC a plus
- Photo and video editing skills a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org