The assignment will be 6 months with a possible extension.
They are looking for: mutual fund accounting experience with an emphasis in derivatives, futures, FX accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies, captures, validates, and processes all effective corporate actions and dividends accurately and timely in the accounting system. Assists with report production and check processing related to Class Action filings. Resolves cash and asset reconciliation entitlement breaks resulting from corporate actions.
2. Maintains a solid conceptual understanding and impacts of Corporate Actions’ and Class Actions’ processes across multiple fund product types. Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of products, services, policies, and procedures needed to ensure accurate daily valuation of mutual funds. General understanding of industry trends and implications to Fund Financial Services operations. Shares best practices and participates in appropriate training programs.
3. Independently resolves problems and exercises judgment in elevating material issues. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality.
4. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external clients. Proactively fosters effective communication. Anticipates clients’ needs and ensures clients’ satisfaction related to the services being provided.
5. Participates in Control and Risk Management, Contingency, and Information Security efforts through active involvement in creating process improvements, accomplishing team metric goals, contingency preparation plans, and meeting the clean desk policy.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
o Undergraduate degree. Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance) preferred.
o Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail skills.
o Good time management, planning and organization skills.
o Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple business partners and diverse responsibilities.
o Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
o Ability to adjust to change.
o Experience in computer applications such as Excel, Access and Word is required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com