Finance and Brokerage Specialist
At least a six month Contract in Malvern, PA
Title: Finance and Brokerage Specialist
Responsible for daily oversight and implementation of processing and/or quality assurance functions of security assets.
This includes execution of associated functions in our recordkeeping system (Gemini), being a subject matter expert on brokerage activities, and producing and maintaining correspondence and reports related to contributions to support brokerage asset transfers.
In addition, the Finance and Brokerage Specialist will prepare the daily trade reconciliations for the organization’s investment pools, providing timely and accurate reporting of reconciled totals to leadership.
Brokerage activity relating to security contributions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Establish and maintain daily and monthly reports and documents supporting sale/liquidation authorizations.
- Document and maintain controls to ensure all security balances in all brokerage accounts (VBS and outside financial institutions) are acted upon according to procedures and business policies.
- Act as liaison with VBS and outside financial institutions.
- Resolve operational problems, questions and issues for security/asset positions owned.
- Provide recommendations to management regarding acceptance and handling of unique or complex securities.
- Prepare. enter and monitor brokerage trades on the retail website.
- Reconcile funds in the brokerage settlement accounts and prepare the funds transfers.
- Research origin and donor of unclaimed securities in conjunction with Operations.
- Keep the manual, brokerage procedures and brokerage business rules up-to-date.
- Independently identify brokerage related issues and trends and recommend improvements to workflow efficiencies.
- Reconcile investments to recordkeeping system at the Investment pool and transaction level.
- Complete routine and complex data entry utilizing the Gemini system for oversight of liquidations of donated assets and other security based financial transactions and account information.
- Prepare daily trade reconciliations for investment pools, and report reconciled totals to leadership in a timely manner.
- Maintain a client centric focus by offering recommendations/solutions support for key technology and enhancement needs to support brokerage enhancement opportunities and asset transfer processes.
- Achieve and maintain high level of efficiency with functional skills, desktop applications, and appropriate equipment and applications.
- Maintain effective work relationships by handling peer and management interactions in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Display strong written and verbal communication when managing key relationships with vendors, client facing groups, and departmental outreach.
- Brokerage Associate position description
- Understand the roles and responsibilities as a staff member to Vanguard Charitable’s Business Contingency Program.
- Positively influence and support and organization toward meeting contingency business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years business experience; two years brokerage trading experience strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem resolution skills and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to interact effectively with financial institutions, management, and co-workers and ability and willingness to participate in a team environment.
- Work independently and collegially, with minimal supervision.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical standards in all activities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com