PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparation and scanning patient records/reports to support the timely availability of an accurate, efficient document imaging system.
- Retrieves records (current and old) and ancillary reports from the patient care units.
- Prepares medical record documents according to department policy and verifies correct patient identification on each document.
- Prepares, scans and indexes ancillary, and other loose medical record documents for patient records.
- Scans medical record documents using high and low speed scanners and performs limited quality control monitors on imaged documents.
- Maintains the medical record batches in a neat and orderly manner.
- Bundles, packs, and accounts for discharged patients’ medical records for transport according to department policy.
- Maintains patient records in an electronic format by moving, copying, and deleting under the direction and/or supervision of the Document Imaging Supervisor.
- Reports potential medical record merges and inaccurate patient demographics to the Document Imaging Management team.
- Locates and retrieves medical records or medical record information manually as needed.
- Performs quality control review on imported record images and verifies accurate indexing of medical record documents.
- Prepares accuracy reports of quality control review monitors on imaged documents.
- Works among the Document Imaging Staff to aid in the timely processing of records.
- Communicates with Supervisor to keep him/her informed of the status of work, potential issues, and concerns.
- Submits timely, accurate and concise daily productivity reports in accordance with department policy and practice.
- Utilizes general office equipment and computer systems/software applications necessary to perform responsibilities.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com