Director of Loss Forecasting
The Director of Loss Forecasting will be a critical member of the Credit team and will have the ownership of loss forecasting and Credit performance reporting. The incumbent will have a specific focus on helping the company meet or beat the loss targets and returns.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop portfolio and vintage based loss forecasting that include both micro and macroeconomic factors.
· Ensure the accuracy of loss assumptions used at the time of acquisitions and used in securitization deals.
· Ensure alignment between loss targets in company’s financial models, delinquency targets, and residual cash-flows.
· Develop stress-testing procedures to ensure company’s safety and soundness throughout economic cycle.
· Cultivating a good working relationship with other business units, particularly Credit, Operations, and Finance.
· Develop and maintain Credit performance trend reports on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis.
· Perform trend analysis and ‘actual vs. expected’ analytics to determine primary drivers to the business problems or challenges.
· Maintain macroeconomic newsletter.
· Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Engineering, or other quantitative major required.
· Strong experience with SAS, SQL Database, and MS Excel. Must know how to automate the data flow using those platforms.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Highly independent and self-motivated to forming opinions that are supported by data.
· Strong knowledge of financial models, loss reserve planning and stress testing.
· Strong instinct on economic trends and how they will impact the business.
· 7 or more years of experience.
· Previous experience in finance industry is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org