Digital Marketing Manager
Contract to hire role.
Manage planning, execution, performance and measurable results of media plans, including programmatic display, remarketing, paid social, video, and emerging technologies. Support enterprise media initiatives, a budget of tens of millions, to drive Petco and brands across both e-commerce and stores, partnering to align media campaigns to deliver against specific business goals. Tactically align plans to deliver the optimal balance of building brand awareness, improving brand perception and engagement, and driving traffic and conversion to maximize enterprise profitability. With Director, strategically develop and ensure flawless execution of dedicated media plans for key product vendor partners/VIP. Collaborate effectively with cross functional partners, work effectively with partners to spend the next $ most effectively, and communicate media mix successes and opportunities to Director/VP/SVP.
Manage the increase use and impact of programmatic buying, paid social, video, mobile and geo-targeted advertising with goals of delivering integrated campaigns using best in breed partners, including retargeting vendors, DSPs/programmatic, strategies, analytics and creative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the media planning process and for transform business objectives and product strategy into scientifically-rooted and innovative media plans. Own budget allocations among publishers/partners, forecasting, results and reporting. Ensure that critical timelines/decision dates as they relate to media buys.
- Develop, implement and execute a compelling cross publisher and paid social media strategy encompassing all production, communication and implementation of media budgeted in the tens of millions. Negotiate, execute, and manage all media purchases supporting the marketing strategy, including pre-planning through execution and measurement across multiple media channels.
- Own and make recommendations for optimization of campaigns at all levels; across channels, partners, placements, products and creative concepts to deliver optimal performance
- Lead the team and agency resources to produce insightful analysis and engaging campaign, demonstrating the effectiveness of planning, optimization and management of media. Responsible for operationalizing a rigorous process that ensures all paid digital programs are tracked, analyzed and optimized on an ongoing basis and any display impression/click fraud is eliminated.
- Partner with Go-to-Market team and translate creative briefs into specific briefs for digital media in support of communicated business and integrated marketing objectives to give the internal creative team and agencies clear creative direction.
- Innovation: Stay current on current and emerging trends, new technology, best practices and competitive to constantly evolve our digital capabilities. Identify opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products and services.
- Develop and oversee our media testing strategy, working with customer insights and web analytics team to develop tests which enable continuous evolution of the media mix and enhance attribution analytics.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of marketing experience with at least 2+ years digital experience with integrated media/marketing platforms to include paid social, digital, video, and mobile
- 2+ years experience in a retail and direct to consumer environment preferred
- Out of box thinker motivated by data
- Demonstrated experience with implementing digital marketing initiatives that will scale to support the requirements of a growing organization with multiple brands & channels
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and able to translate trends into brand right business opportunities
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills, with a willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development in a fast-changing retail environment
- Prior experience managing direct reports and a team
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization; must be able to articulate a vision and develop and deliver supporting marketing plans, including interactions with Senior leaders
- Strong relationship builder both within the organization and with external partners
- Comfortable working within ambiguity and change – must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing or related field / MBA strongly preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org