Data Privacy Paralegal (100% Remote)
Full-time, direct-hire role
Location: 100% Remote (will work EST hours primarily with some after-hours flex needed)
All candidates MUST have experience working with data privacy regulations and compliance.
Role Profile Summary
Mid-level professional responsible for successful execution of support for legal activities for our client.
Role Profile Description
· Support implementation of all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy; advise on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy including but not limited to new and emerging regulations and best practices
· Develop and maintain relevant global internal data privacy policies and training to ensure compliance with applicable privacy regulations.
· Inform and advise staff on relevant privacy regulations, including but not limited to GDPR, PIPL and LGPD.
· Partner with key business areas, such as IT Security and Data Management, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives and that potential impact is clearly identified, with mitigation strategies as required
· Handle inquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights
· Monitor and report on key trends in the regulatory landscape to ensure visibility on evolving data privacy trends and best practices
· Ensure that systematic compliance audits are effectively executed and that their findings are reported to and acted upon by the Compliance and Risk Committee.
· Review and advise staff on data processing agreements and privacy related contractual clauses around data privacy
· Research assigned legal issues, potentially involving applicable domestic and international laws, to inform any related action or response by the organization.
· Resolve assigned legal matters through factual investigations, legal research, document drafting, and communication with other appropriate stakeholders; provide regular updates on progress to relevant stakeholders.
· Draft and maintain legal records and files, as well as related factual and legal investigation and research material.
Role Profile Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Certification from a paralegal school is preferred but not required
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department; experience and understanding of data privacy and/or corporate governance is beneficial.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with specialty legal area (e.g. data privacy, corporate governance).
· Ability for analytical thinking. Ability to make discretionary decisions and recommendations to use of content.
· Ability to develop and execute detailed plans, collect and interpret large quantities of information, and prepare concise summaries. Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including ability to partner closely with other teams to achieve collective objectives
· Strong relationship management skills, especially with internal leaders and business teams, with a particular focus on developing strong partnerships
· Experience of working in an agile, dynamic, and customer-centric environment
· Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and negotiation skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com