Civil Litigation Defense Attorney
Civil Litigation Defense Attorney – General Liability (Temporary / Work from Home)
Our Company is seeking a Maine licensed attorney to join its New England office for a temporary assignment. This attorney will be primarily responsible for handling the defense of our insureds in connection with personal injury and property damage matters. The attorney will be working with adjusters and insureds to resolve claims as expeditiously and efficiently as possible.
• Handles a caseload which includes primarily general liability litigated disputes, which includes cases involving slip/trip and fall incidents, automobile accidents, and property damage disputes, among other matters.
• Daily communications with claim professionals concerning the status and evaluations of legal files.
• Provides legal advice and recommendations to insureds and claim professionals.
• Maintain paperless files.
• Must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state of Maine.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in handling litigated personal injury/property damage disputes. Defense litigation experience preferred.
• Must have a strong knowledge of current procedural and substantive law, as well as court rules
• Must demonstrate an ability to analyze issues, pro-actively develop effective strategies on pending cases, communicate regularly with claims professionals, document communications, and resolve cases as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Must have solid experience in preparing responsive pleadings, handling appearances, motion practice, valuation of claims, settlement and trials.
• Must be willing to work independently with minimal direction, handle cases efficiently, and be willing to travel as necessary. This position will likely handle matters venue throughout the state of Maine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com