Certified Medical Assistant/CMA
CMAS needed in Pennsylvania/New Jersey
This position is responsible for assisting physicians in the examination and treatment of patients with virtual and on-site appointments. To deliver quality patient care and to perform other clinical and clerical duties within the practice.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and supports patients virtually or on-site within the practice
- Rooms patients for on-site visits and prepares patients for virtual visits to include taking and recording
- Performs point of care testing, venipuncture and EKGs as per practice needs.
- Assist clinician with examinations/procedures
- Prepares exam/treatment rooms with necessary supplies and equipment
- Completes necessary patient-specific paperwork as per practice needs
- Ensures EMR is up to date with all pertinent test results in preparation for next visit
- Handles patient call backs and scheduling, relaying information per the direction of provider/ nurse
- Handles prior authorizations, referrals, and medical refills based on practice needs
- Schedules tests, procedures and surgeries as per practice needs.
- Performs quality control on all POCT (point of care testing) equipment.
- Provides documentation assistance for providers during examinations and procedures.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Troubleshoots patient issues with video visits.
- Supports patients as they join Patient Portal.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports
to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that
may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients, and visitors.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org