Building Security Superintendent
We are looking for a Physical Security Superintendent to join our team supporting our Federal Government Client, The National Institute of Health, in Bethesda, MD. The ideal candidate will have a combination of management skills and specific security system installation knowledge, they will manage the security project through its progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints. These security systems include Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Detection, Gate/Barriers, Intercom Systems, etc.
The primary scope of this work shall be:
- Understanding the needs and goals of installation team and developing an appropriate project plan to complete each project on time and within budget is the responsibility of the Physical Security Superintendent.
- Manage and perform security installations that include Access Control, CCTV, Gates/Barriers, and Intrusion Detection Alarm Systems
- Coordinate with PM and Engineering team to ensure availability of proper materials and equipment
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications and schematics
- Identify risks and provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in assessing and troubleshooting of issues and problems
- Inspect quality of finished projects to ensure conformation of all specifications and requirements
- Program and test installed security systems and train customers as required
- Represent Xpect Solutions in a professional manner at all times
- Abide by OSHA regulations and use protective equipment as required
- Handle stressful situations, to delegate tasks and to bring together the ideas of team members are also crucial.
- Outstanding communication, leadership and organization skills.
- Computer skills are essential for this position.
- Must be able to multitask and manage several tasks and installation teams and projects.
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting maglocks, mortise locks, cutting in door strikes, electronic power transfer hinges, and security panels.
- Experience with installing a complete CCTV system from installing and focusing the cameras to tying them into a new NVR.
- Management, Installation and troubleshooting experience with CCTV, Access Control, Gates/Barriers, and Intrusion Detection (duress buttons, etc.)
- Experience working in large enterprise commercial environment
- Knowledge in connector termination and relay configurations
- Knowledge in mechanical retrofitting of door frames and gates for electric strikes and magnetic locking devices; and peripheral devices (motion sensors, push buttons and contacts)
- Knowledge in programming and training onsite personnel in numerous Access Control, CCTV, Gate/Barrier, and Intrusion Detection systems
- Knowledge and practical experience with Internet and Networking commercial systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication
- Must be able to work independently or on a team at locations in and around VA/MD Area
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and find effective solutions
- Must have clean driving and criminal records and successfully pass a drug test
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds (equipment, ladders, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org