Job Summary: The patient registration specialist is responsible for scheduling patient appointments following standardized policies and procedures. Responsible for the timely collection, validation and entry of all information (patient demographics, insurance, etc.) necessary to support accurate billing, scheduling, pre-registration and/or registration for outpatient physician practices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Schedules appointments for patients by phone. If the Practice offers after-hours/same-day appointments, schedules these appointments following urgent protocols as in the case of a sick child, which may mean scheduling the patient with a physician or mid-level provider other than their primary physician.
· Uses electronic practice management and medical record to match physician/provider availability with patients’ preferences and need.
· Obtains via phone, verifies and accurately enters all information for scheduling, pre-registration or registration of patient.
· Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and complete and can be used for reporting purposes.
· Communicates effectively with patient, physicians, medical office staff, insurance representatives and other hospital personnel to assist in access to care.
· Ensures that updates(cancellations, additions) are input immediately into physician/provider schedules.
· Uses superior customer service principles and techniques to assist patients professionally and compassionately.
· Complies with all federal, state and hospital regulations, to include but not limited to HIPAA, EMTALA, and CMS.
· Serves as relief personnel if work schedule or workload demands assistance in alternate area of patient care.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com